Sweet Summer Lovin’
So much summer goodness and so little daily structure leads me to struggle putting words into type around here.
Here are a few several confessions:
- I love summer TV ten million times more than regular season TV. Design Star, So You Think You Can Dance, The Bachelorette, Wipeout, Last Comic Standing all consume serious amounts of my time.
- Our garden is growing more volunteer tomato plants than actual plants this year and I think that rocks.
- Side pony tails with headbands are my summer “do” this year. I can’t get enough of them and Dan most certainly can!
- Greek yogurt is really good with blueberries.
- We made some pretty sweet memories getting sunburned tubing down the Yampa River while camping in Steamboat this past weekend.
- Being on the water encompasses all thing summer to me.
- I have tried my hardest to get to know and love mountain biking and I just don’t love it.
- I love staying up late.
- WordPress created a new customizable blog theme that allows me to post larger photos so I updated my layout.
- It is still a work in progress but it feels good to change the look of things around after nearly two years of steady blogging. What do you think?
- Dan and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary while shooting Aaron and Kellie’s wedding day.
- We are now and always will be anniversary pals.
- I finished editing their wedding photos.
- It took me longer than I wanted but I discovered it took longer to narrow down the 2,500 pictures Dan and I took together than it did to actually edit them. Who knew?
- Starbucks still continues to lure me in.
- In less than a month, I will be 30 years old.
- Some days I stay in my PJs until 5pm because I don’t have to leave the house.
- Diabetes can be a full-time job and it is much easier to keep things in check when I don’t have to go to work.
- My A1C is lower than it has been in 7 years.
- My parents came to visit over the 4th of July and Dan and I got to take a mini-vacation with them to Lake Dillon.
- While on that vacation, we made an offer on a house in Brighton.
- I found the house in foreclosure while casually looking online and within the week we viewed, studied, and made an offer.
- We never do things that fast.
- Homes in foreclosure are tricky little son of a guns.
- I refused to allow myself to think of paint colors for the house until we won the bid
- We won the bid yesterday!
- By the end of August, we will be the proud owners of a 1928 bungalow house.