The Natural Way :: Part 2
I figured it had been a while since I summed up a few all-natural/organic favorites so here goes:
1. Origins Dr. Weil Night Health. The dry Colorado air + winter meant my skin needed some serious overnight hydration. I tried this cream in the fall and felt like my skin improved overnight literally! It is thick but not greasy and it smells fresh.
2. Sante Naturkosmetik blush. When I recently ran out of this blush, they were out of my color and when I went to buy another brand, I was shocked to see all of the parabens. I like this brand because they have organic standards for make-up which is rare.
3. Method Smarty Dish dishwasher tablets. Dan and I tried every kind of “all natural” dishwashing detergent/powder we could find and our dishes always came out scummy and cloudy. Dan did a little research and found these tablets. We had to order them online at the time but have since found this whole Method cleaning line at Lowe’s. Maybe I’m a sucker for scent because these smell like pink grapefruit (you can also get unscented) but I am just excited our glasses actually look clean without using all those nasty chemicals.
4. Bob’s Red Mill Buttermilk Pancake and Waffle mix. Again, we went round and round on brands for a pancake mix and we are very happy with this kind because it is whole grain but still makes light, fluffy pancakes without a strange, dense grit. (note: I just realized the above picture should be for Buttermilk NOT Buckwheat.)
5. Luna bars – Nuts Over Chocolate and Carmel Nut Brownie. I am always looking for a go-to bar when I have a low blood sugar. These bars hold up well in my purse, offer extra vitamins for women, are 70% Organic, and also hit the sweet spot. I trade off between these two flavors depending on my mood but their other flavors are pretty good too.
6. Newman’s Own Royal Black Tea. I always enjoyed Tazo black tea when I could get it for free when I worked at Starbucks. I still like it but since I like to have a cup every morning, I decided to look for a cheaper organic alternative. I really like this Newman’s Own bold flavor and I can get a box of 100 for the same price (about $5) as the small box of Tazo. Win, win.
p.s. This is my own personal opinion and I was not paid or offered free products for any of these reviews. :0)