HBC the natural way
I used to think people who ate organic food were extreme and even a little silly. Now days, after Dan’s scare with cancer a few years back, organic is a way of life for us. We eat organic food, use natural household cleaners, and most importantly we use natural and organic health and beauty items. It never occurred to me that what I put on my skin has almost more of an impact than what I put in my mouth. Have you ever looked at the ingredients of your lotion? – no paragraph of unpronounceable chemicals can be good for our body to absorb!
I am a sucker for new “products” so I’ve done my fair share of testing and experimenting with products I believe to be safe. Here are a few of my most recent favorites. I’d love to hear if you have any you love!
1. Origins Checks and Balances Frothy face wash. Such an awesome minty smell and you only need a teeny tiny bit to really lather up! I love this for the combo skin factor because it makes my skin tight but not dry and the price is nice considering how long it lasts. (really anything Origins makes totally ROCKS!)
2. South of France Soap Bar in Shea Butter. Silky smooth BIG bar of soap. I just love using large bars of soap, so gratifying! I’m picky about body soap but this one gives moisture and lather and the scent is light but stays with you even after the shower.
3. Burt’s Bee’s Garden Tomato Complexion soap. I like to use this one at night in the shower for my face. The smell is exactly like picking tomoatoes in the garden which makes me feel carefree. It is pretty drying and super cleansing so I like to use it at night before I put on extra moisturizer.
4. Big Sexy Hair Organics Shampoo. I have experimented with lots of organic shampoos and found a few that I like but I spoiled myself with this once after a hair cut and could never go back to anything else because of the body and shine. Plus, if you keep an eye out at TJMaxx/Marshalls, you can find it for $5.99 as opposed to the $24.00 price at Beauty Brands! What a steal!
5. Hot Tools 2inch Curling Iron. This sucker is huge! Tambrie introduced me to this thing and I laughed the first time I saw it because it is giant. I love it because it give my hair a little curl/bend on the ends but it is mostly like using a flat iron (okay, I know it has nothing to do with being organic or natural but since I cut my hair off last year, it has taken me a while to be excited about anything hair related!)
6. Physician’s Formula Organic Wear Mascara. This is such a cute package, I couldn’t resist and the price was nice considering it is organic. I like it because it isn’t sticky and it doesn’t flake off too much by the end of a long day.
Is anyone else a product junkie like me? Again, let me know if you have any favorites!
Oh, and if you are in the market for some natural baby items, check out my friend Kelly’s online store, baby, naturally. She’s got everything from cloth diapers and natural toys to organic laundry soap!