Hold on, it’s a doozy.
Ok, first things first…where on earth have I been? I miss blogging! After getting back into blogging last August, I told myself to keep it simple, stupid! (K.I.S.S.) but now I’ve gotten myself behind on my blogging ideas and I have had a hard time picking up where I left off. I keep thinking, I can’t blog about what happened today because I haven’t talked about x, y, or z yet. Silly, me. I am a classic over-complicater!
So, back to the basics!
My right-now favorites!
1. My DAD! I’m so glad I got to spend last weekend in KC with him in honor of Father’s Day. My dad is the coolest.
2. This crazy awesome deodorant Kelly told me about.
I have talked about my deodorant quests before but this one takes the cake because it’s cheap, easy, natural, smells nice, and IT WORKS! I had doubts but after some humid days in KC and some serious exercise in Colorado, this stuff really works! I do have to keep in the fridge but it’s worth it. Check out Kelly’s tutorial HERE.
3. Dan and I were thrilled when we found our favorite energy chews by Honey Stinger on sale at REI today. Only 79 cents as compared to $1.99, wow!
Seriously – you need these. We love them when we ski and I love them for an occasional low blood sugar. They taste just like those super great fruit chews you used to take in your lunch in high school, plus they are made in Steamboat Springs and they are organic! Yum. Click on the pic above to get to the site.
4. Ok, so I didn’t mean for my favorites to turn into a sales pitch on products but I just have to add one more – these melamine paper dinnerware plates. They are plastic outdoor plates but they look just like the cheapo paper plates. Talk about being green…err…cough, cough (they do come in all colors but I like the white the best). I found mine at Target and I’m sorry I don’t have a pic but please click here and you will see what I’m talking about. These go along well with my other trick-the-eye interests because I am such a sucker for a clever design. They really are cooler in person, I promise.
5, Funnel cakes – especially after a long (LOW BLOOD SUGAR) hike. Dan and I enjoyed the BBQ fest in Frisco on Friday for our anniversary. I enjoyed my funnel cake with extra insulin.
**notice the trail of powdered sugar all around me! I have a thing for funnel cakes
6. Ok, this is a taking a little too long because I just can’t keep it simple… simplify, Jennifer!
Someone recommended Ihategreenbeans.com which is a site that recaps the recent Bachelorette episodes. Yea, I like the Bachelorette – EAT IT! Seriously though, if you are a fan, too, check out the humor and commentary. I like.
7. I also enjoy the storytelling and recipe sharing over at joythebaker.com. Her photography is not too shabby, either. If I had more time, baking would be at the top of my list.
8. I really love these water ski pics from last week.
Josh’s funny faces when it cuts it across the glassy water.
Janel’s new found love of wake boarding. And since all the cool kids are wake boarding now days, Dan and I had to give it a try. Definitely similar to snowboarding in my mind but I thought it was tons of fun to try something new.
9. And while I’m talking about water, I can’t forget these hilarious pics of Quattro and Copper taking a dip near a lake by my parent’s house. Quattro tries to run in the water which doesn’t work so well but Copper is a regular seal and uses her tail like a rudder!
And then there was a dock – so funny.
Flying Quattro and Super Copper Dog
10. I have to include 10 things because 9 is an odd number and I prefer even numbers, especially if they are easy to add like 10!
I figure I should mention my exciting news about my summer job front and, while it might not be considered a “favorite” since I haven’t actually started it yet, I have a good feeling. On Wednesday I really thought I’d be joining Lisa and the paint crew again for the summer since no other leads had panned out. I always have to eat my words when it comes to job planning. Long story short, after my interview last Thursday, I will be working for a therapeutic recreation summer camp. This is the summer job I had crossed my fingers for back in March and three weeks ago it just suddenly didn’t work out. I am happy to say that things will be rocking and rolling again for me and my sweet girl “J” since this is the very camp that she goes to for the summer! Score! Her being there had absolutely no weight in me wanting to be there too…nope, none…not at all.
So, with that, I’ll be jumping into wild wild, did I mention WILD(?) days starting tomorrow. Oh the stories to come. We take “field trips” everyday. WILD!
I think that pretty much wraps up my favorites for right now. I know having my summer job will help keep me more consistent with my blog world. Structure is a good thing for me because I tend to flounder without a regular schedule. I have more to share but I need to rest up for my orientation tomorrow. Have a fantastic Monday and thanks for sticking with my 10 favorites – You guys are the best!