Adventures in Wonderland
Things Dan and I have gotten to do while living in beautiful COLORADO:
1. Ride the Cog Railroad to the top of Pike’s Peak. Who knew you could see sun, rain, fog, sun, rain, and then fog again all within a distance of about 10,000 feet? Plus–now I know what a Marmot is.
2. Drive through Estes Park and slow down for Elk next to the road and on the golf course.
3. Purchase a Rocky Mountain National Park pass and climb boulders in snow melted mountain streams.
4. Take a Nissan Maxima “off-road” up a small, winding, dirt road in RMNP. I got to see more elk and then snow at the top—In AUGUST!
5. Ride the lifts up at Copper Mountain only to ride the brakes on a mountain bike all the way back down. I still much prefer the mountain in the snow with skis on my feet!
6. Work, work, work. Teaching art to middle school kiddos in two different schools in a small, agriculture community is hard, but very rewarding work!